Do your windscreen wipers judder, SMEAR, or squeal? against your windscreen?
If so, it’s time for a new set of wiper blades. Wiper blades have a rubber finish that is meant to clean your windscreen by cutting through the rain or any kind of weather giving you better visibility when driving.
It is essential to make sure that your windscreen wiper blades are cleaning your screen well at all times when you need them. This is to keep you and other road users safe. If your wiper blades are not doing their job it can fail your MOT.
Here are some handy tips on how you can maintain your wiper blades. Clean your windscreen with a glass cleaner regularly
- Clean the wiper blades with a vinegar based solution to remove any excess dirt
- Wiper blades can become brittle due to lack of use do always check that they are functioning
- Make sure your screen wash has the right concentration to help with better cleaning.
- Check the tips on both sides of the wiper blades – if they are split change them
- Check what type of Wiper Blades you have
- It is always good to change them as a pair
Now “you will be able to stand the rain against your window”!!